Pages

Sunday, October 6, 2013

Pinterest for Education




Being newly engaged, I have been spending much of my free time browsing the internet for wedding ideas.  By far, my favorite website is Pinterest.  It is such a great resource which consolidates multiple ideas which all revolve around a particular topic on a single page!

In the past, I have looked into Pinterest for teaching ideas and have found some great ideas.  One such idea was the Gist strategy for teaching summarization which teaches students to summarize a text in 40 words or less.  Below are some links for website which include some favorite Educational Pinterest boards.

Pinterest for Teachers
This Pinterest Board has pins for tips to use Pinterest, recommended boards and using Pins for lesson planning.

25 Best Educational Boards on Pinterest
This website gives boards according to topic, such as "Reading and Writing Readiness" or "Kid Blogger Network Activities and Ideas."

5 Popular Pinterest Boards for Teachers
This website give a smaller list of more general boards you should consider when looking for ideas.  The five topics the boards cover are: Alphabet Fun, Math Classroom Ideas, Science, Behavior Management, and Classroom Decor.

Happy Pinning!

3 comments:

  1. I too spend a lot of my free time on Pinterest, which lately isn't very often. I typically just browse around and pin things that I may be able to use in my current teaching assignment or different grades in the future. It is such a valuable tool that opens my mind to ideas that I may have never thought of! Thanks for sharing the links!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Pinterest! Thanks for sharing your favorites with us. I will have to check it out...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Pinterest! Thanks for sharing your favorite boards... I will have to check them out!

    ReplyDelete