Pages

Sunday, September 8, 2013

Animoto-A Great Tool for Creating Visuals


If you're looking for a quick and easy tool to help you add visuals to your lessons-Animoto is the way to go! We as teachers know how quickly an hour of planning time passes, so quick and easy is key!

For my first experimentation with Animoto, I decided to create a slideshow of images to accompany new vocabulary words for a text we would be starting in one of my reading pull out groups.  Creating the Animoto was as simple as selecting a template, uploading a folder of images, adding captions, and publishing! This slideshow will replace a Powerpoint presentation I had made last year for the same purpose, providing visuals to support students in learning new vocabulary words. Check it out below:





I plan to experiment with Animoto more this week and possibly create a slideshow for parents to view at Open House which would highlight the events and fieldtrips of fifth grade.  Check back later in the week for this!

What do others plan to use Animoto for in the classroom? I'd love to hear some other ideas!

1 comment:

  1. In the middle school grades at my school the students use Animoto often! They have used it for presentation purposes in math, to teach lessons. I also know of vocabulary presentations too, student created. I am going to use it as a vocabulary visual to hook students into the new unit I'll be introducing!

    ReplyDelete