Pages

Monday, September 16, 2013

Behavior Interventions

Every teacher will encounter a student they will struggle to figure out.  Over the past few years I have researched the web and networked with other teachers in neighboring districts to help solve this ongoing problem.  As a result, two websites that I have found incredibly helpful are Intervention Central and PBIS World.  Both websites appeal to regular education teachers as well as special education teachers.  Even more importantly, both websites offer FREE resources to use within your own classroom!

My favorite and go to site is PBIS World.  This site breaks down interventions by behaviors you want to target:




Once you click on a behavior, you will be taken to a screen which will give you observable behaviors you may have noticed.  For example, if you are working with a disorganized student, some observable behaviors may be that the student may turn in late assignments or easily lose her or her personal belongings.

The website will also list a suggestion of Tier I SRBI Interventions.  Not only will you get a list of interventions, but you will also get a selection of data tracking sheets!!








I shared this website with my school guidance counselor and principal last year and they were eager to try using some of the interventions and data tracking forms for SRBI.

If you're looking for more special education resources, you should check out Special Education Resources for Teachers and Others.  This blog post has links to a variety of different special education websites.  It also includes some links for information for parents.  Do you know of any similar blogs or websites that offer regular education and special education teachers resources for behavior interventions?

3 comments:

  1. The PBIS site is a wonderful tool to help target unwanted behaviors and stopping them before they progress! At my old school we had a school-wide PBIS initiative called "Have You Filled a Bucket Today?" by giving out YES ticket incentives to be "caught doing something good." There is a book titled "Have You Filled a Bucket Today?" and it gives great scenarios at what students should be doing at school--in the classroom, playground, and even at home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for pointing out that website! I am surprised I have never heard of it. I think this is going to be one of my go-to sites. I already bookmarked it! Thanks Heather!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This site looks fantastic! I especially like how they offer suggestions on ways to address the behavior and I'm always looking for new data tracking sheets. I will have to share this site with my coworkers at our next monthly PBIS meeting. Thanks Heather!

    ReplyDelete