Pages

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

First Few Days

So far, we have successfully made it through our first four days of school!  One thing that has been a tremendous help in facilitating a smooth start to the year has been sharing planning documents with one of the regular education teachers I'm working with this year. 

My first two years, I really struggled with finding a way to be up to speed with what was happening in the regular education classroom.   I couldn't help but feel frustrated when I would go to a classroom to service the special education students and wouldn't know what they were working on.

After some problem solving, one of the classroom teacher and I decided to set up an easy way that we could make sure that I would always be aware of her plans for the week. Check it out below!


Google Docs makes it so easy for the two of us to plan together at times that are convenient! Happy planning!

3 comments:

  1. That is a great idea! This is my first year co-teaching and I split my time between to fifth grade classes. I am still trying to figure out how to know what is going on when I am not in the class. I think I may suggest we try this. Thanks Heather!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great idea! I am not co-teaching this year, but have in the past and play a similar role in that I support students in classes across many teams within the building. I'm thinking that I may be able to use this strategy to keep all of the balls in the air even just for homework support/completion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Google Doc and Google Drive keep getting better and better for collaboration. You can also insert comments and do live chats. But just the power to collaboratively work on a Doc without email attachments or flash drive exchanges is a blessing.

    ReplyDelete